Friday 2 June 2017

NEWS FROM THE ISLAND

EVEN ON RAINY DAYS I TRY TO MOTIVATE MYSELF  into taking a walk because  by the nature of being a poet I spend a lot of time sitting. Though, as an aside, I would like the choice of using the car when I want to go down to the wharf, which I shall be doing on daybreak tomorrow morning and then return again in the dark when I go and visit with the children in Auckland, Most of the road, though muddy is passable but in one very narrow part the road has become so deeply rutted, and getting more so with the influx of 4 wheel drives in my bay, which means my car will bottom out if I try to pass through. On the plus side, because of walking slower because of  the mud, I become more observant (and nosy) of something I may otherwise glance over because it is so familiar .

Out yesterday in the rain I took more notice of a boat that was stranded/abandoned and just visible in the scrub and I slid through the mud to have a closer look - the rain was quite heavy so the photographs are not as clear as they could be. My first reaction on getting close was thinking how it's so sad to see any boat come to the end of its days, the second being this would make a great "tiny home" and I wished I had the skills to salvage and restore it. The biggest surprise though was to  make my way around to the bow and see it's name - "Hummingbird." another take on the poem I recently wrote  with the same name. -  - - see the poem on my poetry page  under my  Facebook writing name   of lois e hunter




No comments:

Post a Comment