Saturday 7 July 2018

NEWS FROM THE ISLAND

 I LOVE GETTING FREE USEFUL STUFF by belonging to, and using, the loyalty card for FLYBUYS.  I have been with FLYBUYS for maybe about 30 years??? and it's amazing how much I have received for free....phones, a slow cooker, covered frypan, microwaves, magazine subscriptions, kitchen whiz-stick, a couple of breadmakers, Christmas gifts...the list goes on.

This week it was picking up a free food dehydrator and I have spend the weekend playing with it. But I am sure there are some 'tricks' to getting the most out of it. Seems such a lot of fuss, and putting up with that endless noise (!!!!) to only get such a small bag of dried fruit at the end of the process.


On the plus side - the end taste is amazing, I had thought the fruit may loose its flavour instead of concentrating it. I tried out a sample mixture:  apple - that was the quickest time, next quickest was the rock melon but the persimmon and the banana circles seemed to take foreverrrrrrr. I have sealed them in a lock-seal plastic bag. Is this the best way to keep them fresh?

I think I'll take the unit outside to the studio when I do the next batch of fruit..

Any comments and helpful hints gratefully received.

No comments:

Post a Comment