Thursday 2 March 2017

NEWS FROM THE ISLAND

THEY SAY EVERYONE HAS A BOOK IN THEM - and only waits to be written.. Have you ever wondered what it would feel like to have finally written it. Your book is finished and you're waiting for your book to arrive back from the publisher and be there in your hand?

I can tell you it's both the best and the scariest time, all mixed up together.

The desk, that has for months been overloaded and spilling with notes and drafts, looks back at you pristine and empty. Everything on it has been condensed into a book-sized square.

So, here I am, waiting for my latest book, Meanderings, to arrive on the wharf. It's my eighth book of poetry and I am just as excited and restless as I was with the first book I published back in 1988.

The difference is, this book Meanderings, instead of being limited to New Zealand readers, is being published in USA and going international and will be available through Amazon etc. I'll keep you up to date with its progress.

In the meanwhile, we have the first hints of Autumn here. It's been a short, very dry summer and I'm back in the garden which has been a bit neglected of late, but despite that, this form of Salvia pictured above keeps blooming and its haze of all over purple always enchants me.

No comments:

Post a Comment